Who we are and why we are successful
The Electrical Equipment Company (EECO) is not your average industrial full-line electrical distributor. We are a passionate, customer-centered service organization crazy about building a better tomorrow by serving the manufacturing plants, machine builders, and construction teams that make our communities strong.
We are committed to placing people and their ideas before products, solving problems, and helping our community realize its full potential. To achieve this, we are looking for talented people who want to make a positive difference.
Who we are looking for
Electrical Equipment Company has a new opportunity for a Warehouse Manager in our Richmond, VA location. This is our largest regional warehouse housing extensive inventory and 16 associates.
The Warehouse Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager VA East and will be responsible for the efficient operation of the facility to include order selection, shipping and receiving. The successful candidate will have demonstrated proficiency in managing, leading in addition to the training and development of others. Strong communication skills, both oral and written, are required as this individual interacts daily with our customer facing associates to ensure an excellent customer experience. While this position typically works M-F 7AM 4PM; there is an expectation of 24/7 accessibility in emergency situations.
- Responsible for meeting established deliverables for the facility including inventory accuracy levels, daily cycle counts, time to receive, accuracy of shipments, etc.
- Troubleshooting and resolving logistical issues with product delivery and customer grievances
- Leading the warehouse and delivery teams in operational excellence
- Experience implementing and monitoring compliance to established processes
- Timely communications with the Sales Team as needed
- Training and development of associates
- Data analytics to include developing and running reports required to develop action plans
- 5+ years’ experience in a supervisory role within a distribution center
- Demonstrated experience with Warehouse Management and ERP systems
- Travel requirement of around 10% to assist with new projects and training of staff at other locations within the company. Most of the travel will involve no over-night stays
- Ability to develop and implement process and procedures such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated ability in developing a culture of accountability
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong/demonstrated experience with conflict resolution
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and analytical abilities
Important legal notice
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.