Technical Services Sales Representative
Who we are and why we are successful
The Electrical Equipment Company (EECO) is not your average industrial full-line electrical distributor. We are a passionate, customer-centered service organization crazy about building a better tomorrow by serving the manufacturing plants, machine builders, and construction teams that make our communities strong.
We are committed to placing people and their ideas before products, solving problems, and helping our community realize its full potential. To achieve this, we are looking for talented people who want to make a positive difference.
Who we are looking for
EECO is looking for a Sales Engineer with the aptitude and abilities to learn our Rockwell Allen Bradley products; required to grow our Automation Services Technology Segment.
The objective of this role
This position is responsible for driving and supporting the regional commercial business strategy of our Lifecycle Services to include: consulting business, CORE services, Annual Recurring Revenue Contracts and associated automation hardware and software portfolios. The Automation/Technical Services Sales Engineer will provide technical, marketing, and commercial leadership for sales growth while analyzing market conditions, developing an annual business plan, and coordinating the implementation within the region. This position is also responsible for leading the commercial introductions of new services to market including target setting, marketing, performance, and sales management.
- Leads annual growth planning and execution including targets, competencies, and investments
- Leads focus and performance around overall Services offerings
- Designs and implements service solutions
- Plans and delivers authorized service provider offerings, ultimately responsible for growing this area of the business
- Develops marketing and sales plan for service and solutions offerings relevant to market for internal, partner and customer use
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams including marketing, inside sales, outside sales and operations to deliver on profitable growth
- Develops Partner Performance Report goals and metrics and coordinates with teams on meeting targets for all areas of service businesses
- Participates in account planning and sales strategy, focusing on new customer acquisition and existing customer expansion.
- Leads the sales force in promoting the portfolio to existing and new customers with presentations, pre-sales, and post-sales support.
- 4-year degree in a technical area of study or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of previous sales experience
- Previous experience working with an Industrial Distributor or Manufacturer is a plus
- Excellent communication skills are required (both oral and written)
- Previous project management experience is beneficial
- Ability to overcome objections