Smart Components Product Manager
Location: Virginia West (Lynchburg)
The Electrical Equipment Company (EECO) is not your average industrial full-line electrical distributor. We are a passionate, customer-centered service organization crazy about building a better tomorrow by serving the manufacturing plants, machine builders, and construction teams that make our communities strong.
We are committed to placing people and their ideas before products, solving problems, and helping our community realize its full potential. To achieve this, we are looking for talented people who want to make a positive difference.
Who we are looking for
EECO is seeking an individual for our Smart Components Product Manager (SCPM) to be responsible for developing and executing the business strategy to accelerate growth in our Smart Components business.
This business includes:
- Industrial Components (pushbuttons, stack lights, relays, etc.)
- Motor Control (contactors, starters, softstarts)
- Sensors (proximity, photoelectric, etc.)
- Safety (relays, contactors, switches, pushbuttons, etc.)
- Condition Monitoring (vibration sensors, etc.)
- Small PLC controllers and Distributed Input and Output products
This position will provide technical, marketing, and commercial leadership for sales growth.
- Technically, you will be responsible for aiding customers/sales team in selection of products and solutions to meet their needs, with some post-sales support as well.
- Marketing means working with our internal marketing team to promote collateral that supports your products, events, etc. into our marketplace. This could be email, web page or social media efforts.
- Commercial leadership is vital. You are responsible for the revenue performance of the Smart Components business.
- You will need to understand your customer types, competitors, your product offering and its value in the marketplace and then manage your time and efforts to maximize growth potential.
- This position has collaborative members within the company and within our primary vendor. Various training paths are provided, online and in person training (following Covid protocol).
- Serve as domain expert around Smart Components business and continuously build competency
- Engage with customers either in person or virtually throughout the assigned territory both technically and commercially.
- Demonstrate the ability to describe and apply the fundamentals of industrial components, motor control, sensors, safety, condition monitoring, and machine-level controls/architectures (controllers, distributed I/O and networks) in manufacturing environments.
- Able to identify and demonstrate technology solutions for customer applications.
- Willingness and desire to participate in ongoing training to maintain technical competency in their product and complimentary product areas.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of skills, experience, or education.
- 3 years of experience/knowledge applying Rockwell Automation products or equivalent competitive solutions.
- Ability to travel to customers within assigned geography will be required, little to no overnight travel.
- Good technical writing & presentation skills with ability to present RA’s value proposition to mid/large size groups of customers (external and internal) both commercially and technically.
- Provides selection and design advice for most assigned products in common configurations and leverage the proper RA resources, as needed.
- Able to differentiate products/solutions from competition and promote the differences as meaningful benefits to the customer.
- Provides guidance to inventory control team for local stocking needs for Smart Component products for Branches served.
- Demonstrates an ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- TÜV (safety) or exida certification for Functional Safety is preferred. Demonstrates ability to work independently and be self-motivated
Important legal notice
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.