Shipping Supervisor- Richmond, VA
Who we are and why we are successful
The Electrical Equipment Company (EECO) is not your average industrial full-line electrical distributor. We are a passionate, customer-centered service organization crazy about building a better tomorrow by serving the manufacturing plants, machine builders, and construction teams that make our communities strong.
We are committed to placing people and their ideas before products, solving problems, and helping our community realize its full potential. To achieve this, we are looking for talented people who want to make a positive difference.
Who we are Looking For
Electrical Equipment Company is looking for an ambitious and self-driven Shipping Supervisor to join our Richmond, VA team. The Shipping Supervisor will report directly to the Regional Operations Manager and will be responsible for the efficient operation of the Shipping activities within our Richmond Warehouse, to include order shipping, inventory management, and resolving any shipping related issues. As a Shipping Supervisor, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and managing our shipping and distribution strategy. Your main duty will be to ensure secure, accurate, timely and productive shipping processes.
- Use software to track, check, prioritize and route orders
- Manage all-important documents such as advanced shipping notice; packing slips, bills of lading etc.
- Direct the flow of packages from preparation to shipment
- Responsible for inventory, manage and count daily
- Inspect labels, barcodes and other features of completed orders
- Supervise and lead subordinates (pickers and packers, etc.)
- Collaborate with warehouse, purchasing and other managers to optimize processes
- Resolve issues regarding shipped orders
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
- Report to management on activities and issues
- Proven experience as shipping supervisor
- Electrical material experience is a plus
- Solid knowledge of logistics procedures
- Demonstrated experience with an ERP and associated inventory scanning system
- Experience in directing and evaluating subordinates
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
- Customer service oriented
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.