Title: Service Operations Manager
Who we are and why we are successful
Electrical Equipment Company (EECO) is not your average industrial full-line electrical distributor. We are a passionate, customer-centered service organization crazy about building a better tomorrow by serving the manufacturing plants, machine builders, and construction teams that make our communities strong.
We are committed to placing people and their ideas before products, solving problems, and helping our community realize its full potential. To achieve this, we are looking for talented people who want to make a positive difference.
The Service Operations Manager, located in Richmond, VA, will lead a team providing a synergistic portfolio of insourced and outsourced factory automation and component part services to industrial and OEM’s. This position will implement a business strategy, collaborating with suppliers, service providers, and internal teams, to expanding and developing our new position in site support to include parts, repairs, training, projects, startups and industrial networking services. Supporting 7 office locations across Virginia, the scope of responsibilities include leadership, personnel development, capability development, service delivery, and proposal development for the Service Operations team.
- Developing and executing an annual business plan, defining financial goals and business objectives consistent with corporate objectives.
- Optimizing organizational structure, third party services, and technology for in-sourced and out-sourced functions; focusing on the customer experience.
- Staffing, training and development of the Service Operations Team.
- Leading the ongoing development of our services; understanding customer requirements, vendor requirements, industry trends, competitors, market level prices, and economic conditions.
- Maintaining the required capabilities and body of knowledge to support the organization, including project management discipline and identification of applicable standards and necessary risk management.
- Preparing/overseeing contract proposals and presentations, including legal review of necessary terms and indemnification language.
- Preparing proposals for potential projects and RFQs using application data, drawings, customer specifications and related information.
- BS in Electrical (preferred) or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or similar experience
- 5+ years demonstrated leadership experience with P&L or budget responsibility.
- Minimum 5 years project experience in a service-based role, preferably in discrete and process industrial environments including packaging, chemical, power generation, paper, and steel industries (PMP certification a plus).
- Application experience with PLC and/or DCS control systems (particularly Rockwell), including I/O schemes, HMI, and common industrial communication methods.
- Familiarity with electrical drawings including One-lines, wiring & schematics, physical drawings, equipment technical specifications, and engineering data sheets.
- Fundamental knowledge of a National Electrical Codes (NEC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), UL-508, & IEEE 522 codes. Fluent with industrial site safety requirements.
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.