The Electrical Equipment Company (EECO) is not your average industrial full-line electrical distributor. We are a passionate, customer-centered service organization crazy about building a better tomorrow by serving the manufacturing plants, machine builders, and construction teams that make our communities strong.
We are committed to placing people and their ideas before products, solving problems, and helping our community realize its full potential. To achieve this, we are looking for talented people who want to make a positive difference.
Who we are looking for
The successful employee in this position will understand how expediting the returns process results in customer satisfaction and, subsequently, benefits EECO’s business. Promptness, accuracy and detail orientation will be critical.
The objective of this role
Our Service Excellence Specialist will be responsible for working directly with our sales team to expedite the returns process, following appropriate policies and procedures. The incumbent will keep current on knowledge of products, establish goals and objectives for the returns team and foster positive relationships with our customers.
- Enter customer returns and corresponding vendor returns into the EECO ERP system.
- Negotiate or secure Return Goods Authorizations (RGAs) from vendors, while negating or minimizing restocking charges.
- Keep track of the status of all vendor returns until the credit has been issued.
- Follow-up with vendor to analyze and resolve any discrepancies with credit versus expected amount.
- Review non-stock inventory items for each branch and secure vendor returns for unnecessary items.
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs., for product inspection.
- Assist in completing the annual/quarterly returns.
- Research the status of unavailable inventory items and get vendor returns if necessary.
- Interact with other employees in a positive and professional manner that facilitates a team environment and is consistent with EECO’s cultural expectations.
- Provide support for any special projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions
- Ability to handle multi-tasking
- Proficient PC skills, including all Microsoft Office software; Excel, Word, Outlook, etc..
- Experience in dealing with end customers on a regular / ongoing basis.
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail (including keen observation of number/letter sequences)
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Willingness to be a team player
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Professional interactions with internal and external customers
- Ability to maintain vendor relationships
- Warehouse experience or electrical industry experience, is preferred.
- A clean DMV record and a valid State Driver’s License
Important legal notice
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Apply for this Position