Purchasing/Inventory Control Specialist
At Electrical Equipment Company (EECO), our industrial automation and power solutions not only improve our customers overall equipment effectiveness, they also have a direct impact on the people who benefit from their products. We are not simply a full line electrical distributor, we are a service centered organization that provides exceptional capabilities including onsite assessments, performance evaluations, data driven recommendations, and supply chain optimization.
We are seeking a Purchasing/Inventory Control Specialist, responsible for coordinating our purchasing activities while consistently monitoring inventory levels. This position will be based and work from our Norfolk or Richmond, VA , Greensboro or Raleigh, NC locations.
The Purchasing/Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for performing purchasing and auditing/monitoring of inventory levels for the entire organization. Direct responsibilities include increasing fill rate and product selection while managing surplus inventory within defined limits, adhering to corporate policy, processes and documentation standards.
- Analysis of daily product line needs by vendor/location
- Facilitating the entry of orders in a timely manner
- Maintaining stock level and customer special requirements while minimizing expenses to EECO
- Negotiating cost levels and terms for sale
- Facilitating new item requests
- Maintaining inventory file integrity including maintenance of items in ERP system
- Review of product lines for returns of excess and no-sale items
- Collaborating with other areas of the organization to maximize income from vendor rebates
- Developing and maintaining vendor relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Logistics related discipline (or 8 years previous Purchasing/IC related work experience); CPP Certification desirable
- Minimum of 5 years purchasing experience in the wholesale distribution industry
- Electrical product knowledge/Six Sigma exposure is a plus
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong attention to detail with analytical abilities
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Must have the ability to travel up to 10%
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong Communications skills, both oral and written
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.