The Electrical Equipment Company (EECO) is not your average industrial full-line electrical distributor. We are a passionate, customer-centered service organization crazy about building a better tomorrow by serving the manufacturing plants, machine builders, and construction teams that make our communities strong.
We are committed to placing people and their ideas before products, solving problems, and helping our community realize its full potential. To achieve this, we are looking for talented people who want to make a positive difference.
Who we are looking for
EECO is seeking a supply chain trained or educated, analytical, detail-oriented individual who enjoys being an individual contributor. Delivering professional customer service via report creation and problem solving are key to this position. An ability to demonstrate initiative and excellent spreadsheet skills is critical. The most successful Purchasing Specialist has the drive to learn and “go the extra mile”. Fully remote position!
The objective of this role
The Purchasing Specialist role performs regular reviews of key product lines and then edits ordering parameters in our ERP system to balance our product mix and overall investment against our company’s service level expectations. They oversee activities in our Corporate Returns Program that prevent, identify, and dispose of surplus inventory.
Additionally, the Purchasing Specialist contributes to an executive summary dashboard of key performance indicators. They must ensure KPIs are met or exceeded and balance strategies to drive continuous improvement in our standards of care program and meet the need of a rapidly changing organization.
- Execute inventory investment policy, correcting inventory levels regionally and locally as required to match investment to historical demand
- Optimize inventory parameters to maximize fill rate, at minimum and measuring results by product ranking
- Maintain surplus inventory to within defined limits, prioritizing by age, and status
- Promptly correct emerging surplus, taking required action to adjust parameters, return, liquidate, or dispose of product while managing write offs to within budgeted limits
- Communicate inventory levels, surplus, and performance regularly, providing insight and sharing corrective action with the entire enterprise
- BA/BS in business, supply chain management, business, logistics, or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in electrical distribution or similar industry
- Applied experience with business processes in the areas of ERP and Business Intelligence Reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Teams, Outlook
- Strong analytical, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail, math, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-changing work environment
Important legal notice
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.