Who we are and why we are successful
The Electrical Equipment Company (EECO) is not your average industrial full-line electrical distributor. We are a passionate, customer-centered service organization crazy about building a better tomorrow by serving the manufacturing plants, machine builders, and construction teams that make our communities strong.
We are committed to placing people and their ideas before products, solving problems, and helping our community realize its full potential. To achieve this, we are looking for talented people who want to make a positive difference.
Who we are looking for
EECO is seeking a talented professional with proven capabilities in:
- Ownership of product selection, reporting on sales, and gross profit to defined targets.
- Product development, prioritization, and UX investment to develop a great customer experience.
- SKU management of key vendor catalogs, 3rd party vendor enrichments, and data hygiene for website updates and performance.
- Maintain the website for operational effectiveness, regularly audit website for needs and opportunities, and help resolve site support ticket.
- Lead the onboarding of new customer registrations and assist in their utilization of the platform in areas such as, but not limited to: Customer Part Numbers, Customer Product Lists, New Items Requests, and User Maintenance.
The objective of this role
The eCommerce Product Manager is responsible for the optimization of the eCommerce platform, including data management, website maintenance, and overall support for customers and vendors. This manager leads the end-to-end digital product cycle, collaborating with marketing, sales teams and suppliers to provide a robust portfolio and excellent user experience.
- PIM/SKU Management
- Periodically review taxonomy to enhance customer’s and search engines experience
- Work with Sales/Purchasing to add/remove product lines on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with Key and 3rd Party Vendors for Product development and SKU enrichment.
- Oversee and facilitate data hygiene practices of data import/exports, structure, completeness, and connection with the website, ERP, and marketplaces.
- Website Maintenance
- Optimize the user experience through attribute and subset maintenance, providing greater insight into site search capability.
- Routinely audit the PIM/website for broken images, missing spec sheets, and data formatting issues.
- Manage open cases for website enhancements or issues in a timely fashion.
- Customer Support
- Orchestrate the onboarding elements needed for customers, in both back-end setup and customer facing demos.
- Coordinate with sales team to identify and target potential customers.
- Coordinate with Marketing to identify and target potential campaigns.
- Respond to customers’ needs and requests.
- Provide sales training on how to utilize the site and assist customers.
- 1-2 years of eCommerce or data management and delivery experience
- Experience with product databases and/or Product Information Management platforms (Akeneo Preferred)
- Experience with web content management and syndication systems
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and willing to learn and adapt to new technologies and programs.
- Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, eCommerce or equivalent work experience
- Strong written, verbal and organizational skills, detail-oriented, proactive, works well independently and with multiple teams, manage multiple projects, and data management skills
- Ability to solve business problems with technology solutions
- Excellent written, verbal and data communication skills
Important legal notice
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.