At Electrical Equipment Company (EECO), our industrial automation and power solutions not only improve our customers overall equipment effectiveness, they also have a direct impact on the people who benefit from their products. We are not simply a full line electrical distributor, we are a service centered organization that provides exceptional capabilities including onsite assessments, performance evaluations, data driven recommendations, and supply chain optimization.
We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager responsible for the safety, continuous improvement, transportation, delivery, inventory management and all operation activities in support of customer fulfillment for our VA West Distribution Center and three (3) branch warehouses in the North and Southwest region of VA. This position will be based and work from our Lynchburg, VA location.
The Operations Manager VA West has leadership responsibility for the divisional operations team, consisting of four (4) direct and eighteen (18) indirect reports, and reports directly to the Corporate Director of Operations. The primary objective and responsibility for this position is to exceed customer expectations with a safety focus, providing best in class delivery and fulfillment while optimizing expense management. The Operations Manager VA West is also responsible for meeting or exceeding established KPIs, creating best practices, and balance strategies to meet the needs of a rapidly evolving organization.
- Defines operational goals and primary performance metrics
- Recruits and develops team members while focusing on the customer experience and promoting operational excellence.
- Maintains a safe working environment, overseeing observance of safety programs and ongoing planning for relevant facilities and fleet.
- Supports new logistics program initiatives; implementing required systems and technologies to provide for labor management, performance management, and continuous improvement.
- BS in Industrial Distribution, Supply Chain Management or related field of study is preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Lean Certification is a plus
- Five plus years of management experience is required; leadership experience in a distribution center or supply chain network is preferred
- Experience implementing lean initiatives through warehouse management software, labor management and delivery systems and/or related technologies is a plus
- Must have ability to travel up to 10%
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong Communications skills, both oral and written
- Strong attention to detail with analytical abilities
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.