Mechatronics Product Manager
Location: Virginia West (Lynchburg)
The Electrical Equipment Company (EECO) is not your average industrial full-line electrical distributor. We are a passionate, customer-centered service organization crazy about building a better tomorrow by serving the manufacturing plants, machine builders, and construction teams that make our communities strong.
We are committed to placing people and their ideas before products, solving problems, and helping our community realize its full potential. To achieve this, we are looking for talented people who want to make a positive difference.
EECO is seeking an individual for our Mechatronics Product Manager (MPM) to be responsible for developing and executing the business strategy to accelerate growth in our Mechatronics business.
The Mechatronics business includes:
- Motion Control – Servo Drives, Servo Motors and cabling
- Independent Cart Technology – linear servo motor technology built like a conveyor, where carts move independently, thus providing performance gains to manufacturing production.
- Unified Robot Control – Various software control solutions that move disparate robot manufacturer controls to the Rockwell Automation PLC controller software environment. Customers are well versed in the PLC controller software whereas Robot controls can be proprietary and thus have a higher learning and support curve.
- Emulate3D software – Emulation software package that allows a digital version of a physical machine concept to be operated in a virtual environment. This allows for design issues to be addressed before physical parts are ordered or made.
This position will provide technical, marketing, and commercial leadership for sales growth. Technically, you will be responsible for aiding customers/sales team in selection of products and solutions to meet their needs, with some post-sales support as well. Marketing means working with our internal marketing team to promote collateral that supports your products, events, etc. into our marketplace. This could be email, web page or social media efforts. Commercial leadership is vital. You are responsible for the revenue performance of the Mechatronics business. You will need to understand your customer types, competitors, your product offering and its value in the marketplace and then manage your time and efforts to maximize growth potential.
This position has collaborative members with our primary vendor. Various training paths are provided, online and in person training (following Covid protocol).
- Responsible for driving accelerated growth strategy in Mechatronics (Emulate3D, Kinetix Motion Control products, Independent Cart Technology and Robotics)
- Must be able to articulate the value of our Mechatronic offering while meeting the customer’s needs. This may require developing third party vendor and delivery partners (complimentary products like gearing, couplings, mechanical mechanisms, etc. and System Integrator relationships).
- Provide technical, marketing, and commercial leadership for sales growth. Develop/implement a commercial event plan (lunch & learns, webinars, seminars). Develop and promote internal competency plan to aid sales in understanding and properly pursuing sales Mechatronics sales opportunities.
- Participate in account planning and sales strategy focusing on new customer acquisition and existing customer expansion. Lead the sales force in promoting the solution to existing and new customers with presentations, demonstrations, technical pre-sales, and post-sales support.
- Provides selection and design advice for most assigned products in common configurations and leverage the proper Rockwell Automation resources for Engineered solutions.
- Able to differentiate products/solutions from competition and promote the differences as meaningful benefits to the customer.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent combination of skills, experience, and education
- 5 years of experience/knowledge applying Rockwell Automation’s products or equivalent competitive solutions
- Good technical writing & presentation skills with ability to present topics to mid & large groups of customers (external and internal)
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, ensuring stakeholder expectations are managed appropriately.
- Ability to influence and guide team members when required.
Important legal notice
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.