EECO is looking for an IT Support Technician in Elkton, VA!
The IT Support Technician is an entry level role responsible for supporting the IT (computerized) systems inside the Merck Manufacturing facility in Elkton, VA. This includes troubleshooting servers and networks that directly support the Elkton Manufacturing Facilities, while actively supporting, participating in and embracing an empowered team culture. This position will report into the Merck Manufacturing facility.
- Trouble-shooting equipment / automation issues related to the networks, servers, and other infrastructure
- Maintaining the IT systems in compliance with cGMPs.
- Providing support as a representative of or leading a small a startup or existing production team providing technical assistance in fulfilling the IT requirements for the team.
- Reviewing IT system documents, preventive maintenance, and SOPs to ensure compliance with GMP and safety.
- Developing and supporting corrective actions for investigations related to IT systems.
- Use technical knowledge to assure the efficient operation of variety of IT systems.
- Participates in audits and training programs in the area of responsibility.
- On-floor support of manufacturing activities.
- Provides client services support for business area applications.
- Participation in Kaizen events.
- SOP development and review.
- Direct support of regulatory inspections and audits.
- Direct support of validation activities and all other associated Quality functions.
- Other duties requested by Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or other relevant discipline, or Associates Degree with 2+ years’ experience
- A+ Network Certification
- Ability to sit, stand and move within work space for extended periods
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks including frequent hand to finger manipulations, grasping pushing and pulling
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Check out all of our Career Opportunities here