Inside Sales Representative: Job Description
Who we are and why we are successful
The Electrical Equipment Company (EECO) is not your average industrial full-line electrical distributor. We are a passionate, customer-centered service organization crazy about building a better tomorrow by serving the manufacturing plants, machine builders, and construction teams that make our communities strong.
We are committed to placing people and their ideas before products, solving problems, and helping our community realize its full potential. To achieve this, we are looking for talented people who want to make a positive difference.
Who we are looking for
The Inside Sales Representative is directly responsible for identifying customer needs in order to develop and sell solutions that maximize EECO product offerings and services. This is achieved directly by fostering and developing relationships with our customers via phone and indirectly through our Outside Sales personnel. This position is also responsible for negotiating EECO pricing, special incentives, managing customer relationships and assisting logistics for timely and accurate delivery of materials and products to our customers.
- Timely communication and response to customers to discover and support needs
- Analyze and determine optimal delivery options
- Create quotes in support of customer needs
- Participate in contract negotiations and renewals, quotations, pricing, delivery and billing/payment to ensure consistency with EECO standards
- Negotiate product availability, pricing and terms with vendors to meet customer requirements
- Process orders, provide customer confirmation of status and monitor delivery against commitments
- Provide regular and continuous communication with Outside Sales, Credit, Customer Service and Warehouse/Delivery personnel to ensure coordination of EECO services and identification of new opportunities
- Previous sales experience (2-3 years)
- Technical competency in a broad range of industrial electrical components and systems preferred
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral)
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and abilities
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and analytical abilities
Important legal notice
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.