Industrial IoT Network Engineer
EECO is a full line electrical distributor that specializes in industrial automation and power management. Major manufacturers, OEMs, and contractors trust us to provide solutions that reduce costs, increase reliability, and improve performance. EECO is a knowledge based company, driven by ideas to make an impact for our customers. We invest in the capabilities required to increase understanding, drive recommendations, and take action.
The Industrial IoT Network Engineer is the lead technical resource for delivery of Industrial Network services and solutions to enable customers to leverage the Industrial Internet of things (IIoT) and realize the connected enterprise. The Industrial IoT Network Engineer will work directly with our customers to deliver Assessments, Designs and Implementations specific to industrial Networks and Virtualization solutions.
- Perform ‘hands-on’ network/cybersecurity/wireless assessment, design and implementation of simple and complex process automation and/or discrete controls networks for a variety of automated manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Perform configuration of small to medium sized virtualization solutions. (server and thin client)
- Articulate impact to and requirements of the manufacturing Network as it relates to PLC, HMI/SCADA, plant historian, motor control, motion control, etc. technology and applications.
- Provide Technical Sales support specific to industrial network services and solutions.
- Provide Technical Education, seminars, webinars, etc.
- Write detailed documentation that include user needs, system specifications, observed issues with remediation recommendations or implementation requirements in order to develop or modify network and/or control system infrastructure.
- Act as liaison between customers Information Technology (IT) department and Manufacturing/Operations Technology (OT) departments.
- Ability to accurately articulate the requirements and priorities of both IT and OT stakeholders
- Present technical findings to non-technical stakeholders at all levels of the organization to gain buy-in around both the concepts and the value of acting on design changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or related technology driven degree.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communications, organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience configuring IT equipment (Cisco, VMware, etc.)
- Experience creating part number level bills of material for simple and complex network solutions
- Minimum of 3+ years as Network Engineer or related jobs
- Previous experience working as part of a large, multi-disciplinary team completing full project life-cycle implementations
- Demonstrate Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills required
- Demonstrate an ability to influence and guide team members when required
- Exposure to Industrial Control Systems including PLC, HMI/SCADA, plant historian, motor control, motion control, etc. technology and applications (Rockwell or comparable platforms)
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Apply for this Position