- This event has passed.
SAF-SFT10618 | NFPA 70E — 2018 Electrical Safety and Arc Flash
June 8, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm EDT$1025
The purpose of this course is to provide the student with an overall understanding of the current requirements of NFPA 70E. A complete review of the standard will be provided, along with a review of the tables used to determine the Limited and Restricted Approach Boundaries and tables and calculation methods used to determine the Arc Flash Boundary and for determining proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
This course will present the following major topics:
- Review of Work Practices required by NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- Determining Limited and Restricted Approach Boundaries
- Determining/Calculating the Arc Flash Boundary
- Selection of Personal Protective Equipment
Who Should Attend
Individuals that require access to, or will be exposed to the work area designated by the arc flash or limited approach boundaries should attend this course.
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
- Familiarity with basic electricity
- Proficiency in student’s respective classification OR Enrolled in an up-grader/apprentice program
All technology is provided for student use in the classroom by Rockwell Automation. It is not necessary for students to bring any technology with them when attending this course.
To enhance and facilitate the students’ learning experiences, the following materials are provided as part of the course package:
- Student Manual: Includes the key concepts, definitions, examples, and activities presented in this course.
- NFPA 70E 2018 Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
This is a one-day course.
- OSHA Final Rule
- Arc Flash Hazards, Statistics, and Considerations
- Protecting the Electrical Worker: Safety-Related Work Practices, Electrical Safety Program, OSHA General Duty Clause, OSHA 29 CFR 1910 Subpart S Requirements, NFPA 70E 2018 Requirements, 2017 NEC Article 110.16 Arc Flash
- Electrical Safety Terminology: Arc Flash Boundary, Arc Rating, Electrically Safe Work Condition, Incident Energy, Overcurrent Protective Devices, Shock Protection (Limited and Restricted Approach) Boundaries, Qualified Person
- Arc Flash Calculations Overview (NFPA 70E 2018): PPE Selection Based on Article 130 Tables, Arc Flash Boundary Calculation, Introduction to PPE Selection Based on Incident Energy Calculations