– – Canceled – – SAF-COM-101 | Safety Relays and Devices
February 11 @ 8:30 am - February 12 @ 4:30 pm EST$1700
– – CANCELED – –
This course will introduce you to monitoring safety relays and input and output devices used to configure safety systems according to industry standards for functional safety of machinery. You will have the opportunity for hands-on experience with several of these components, which will help you to learn how they interact in safety systems.
After completing this course, you should be able to maintain and troubleshoot relay-based machine functional safety systems with the following devices:
- Monitoring Safety relays
- Operator interface devices (e-stop pushbutton and grip enabling switch)
- Electromechanical switches (interlock)
- Electronic switches (non-contact RFID interlock)
- Opto-electronic presence sensing devices (light curtain and safety sensor)
- Pressure sensing devices (safety mat)
Who Should Attend
Individuals who maintain and troubleshoot electrical circuits or machine systems and need to learn more about how to apply their skills to relay-based machine functional safety systems should attend this course.
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
- Interpreting industrial electrical circuit schematics
- Maintaining industrial electrical circuits or machine systems
All technology is provided for student use in the classroom by Rockwell Automation. It is not necessary for students to bring any technology with them when attending this course.
To enhance and facilitate the students’ learning experiences, the following materials are provided as part of the course package:
- Student Manual: Includes the key concepts, definitions, examples, and activities presented in this course.
- Lab Book: Provides learning activities and hands-on practice. Solutions are included after each exercise for immediate feedback.
- Troubleshooting Safety Systems Flowchart: Offers an overview of the decision-making process that can be used later on the job
Throughout this course, you will have the opportunity to practice the skills you have learned through a variety of hands-on exercises using a safety components workstation (Catalog Number ABT-TDSAFCOMP). Exercises focus on the skills introduced in each lesson.
This is a two-day course.
Rockwell Automation is authorized by IACET to offer 1.4 CEUs for this program.
- Identifying Relay-Based Machine
- Functional Safety Systems and Components
- Maintaining Relay-Based Machine Functional Safety Systems
- Interpreting and Clearing Faults at the Safety Relay
- Interpreting and Clearing Faults for Wiring in Safety Systems
- Interpreting and Clearing Faults for E-Stop Push buttons and Grip Enabling Switches
- Interpreting and Clearing Faults for Interlock and Non-Contact Switches
- Interpreting and Clearing Faults for Light Curtains and Safety Sensors
- Interpreting and Clearing Faults for Safety Mats
- Interpreting and Clearing Faults for Safety Outputs