CCP153 | Studio 500 Logix Designer Level 2: ControlLogix Maintenance and Troubleshooting
August 18 @ 8:30 am - August 21 @ 5:00 pm EDT$2530
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to troubleshoot a previously operational ControlLogix® system and restore normal operation.
This course adds to your skill set by introducing new tasks such as connecting to a network, interpreting project execution, editing ladder logic online, and more.
You will then be presented with a systematic strategy for diagnosing and troubleshooting a variety of common system errors:
- Controller, I/O, and other hardware problems
- Noise-related problems
- Software configuration problems
Who Should Attend
Individuals who need to maintain and troubleshoot a ControlLogix or other Logix5000™ system should attend this course.
To successfully complete this course, completion of the Studio 5000 Logix Designer Level 1: ControlLogix System Fundamentals course (Course No. CCP146) or equivalent experience is required.
All technology is provided for student use in the classroom by Rockwell Automation. It is not necessary for students to bring any technology with them when attending this course.
To enhance and facilitate your learning experiences, the following materials are provided to each student as part of the course package:
- Student Manual: Includes the key concepts, definitions, examples, and activities presented in this course.
- Lab Book: Provides learning activities and hands-on practice. Solutions are included after each exercise for immediate feedback.
- Studio 5000 Logix Designer and Logix5000 Procedures Guide: Provides the steps required to complete basic software tasks that are common to all Logix5000 hardware platforms.
- ControlLogix Troubleshooting Guide: Contains a systematic approach to diagnosing and troubleshooting common ControlLogix system problems.
Throughout this course, you will have the opportunity to practice the skills you have learned through a variety of hands-on exercises. Exercises focus on the skills introduced in each lesson and are performed on an ABT-TDCLX3-B ControlLogix workstation.
Integrated practices combine and practice several key skills at once.
The basic skills taught in this course apply to all Logix5000 platforms; you can apply what you have learned to the specific platform used in your plant
This is a four-day course.
Rockwell Automation is authorized by IACET to offer 2.8 CEUs for this program.
- Optional Locating: ControlLogix System Components
- Connecting a Computer to a Network
- Interpreting Project Organization and Execution
- Locating and Editing Tag Values
- Interpreting Frequently Used Instructions
- Interpreting Arrays
- Interpreting Tags of User-Defined Data Types
- Searching for Project Components
- Integrated Practice-Interpreting a Basic Project
- Forcing I/O and Toggling Bits
- Troubleshooting Digital I/O Module Problems
- Troubleshooting Analog I/O Module Problems
- Troubleshooting Remote I/O Problems
- Updating Logix5000 Firmware
- Troubleshooting Controller Problems
- Troubleshooting Power Supply Problems
- Analyzing and Troubleshooting a System Using a Trend Chart
- Integrated Practice-Troubleshooting Basic Projects
- Editing Ladder Logic Online
- Optional: Editing FBDs Online
- Managing Project Files
- Documenting and Printing Project Components
- Troubleshooting Noise-Related Problems