CCA185 | Drives PowerFlex 525
February 25 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm EST$925
Upon completion of this course, given a wired PowerFlex® 525 drive and AC motor, you will be able to properly start up the drive and configure drive parameters to meet application-specific needs.
Throughout the course, you will have the chance to use a variety of hardware and software tools, including:
- The PowerFlex 525 keypad
- Connected Components Workbench™ software
After each demonstration, you will be given exercises that offer hands-on practice using a PowerFlex 525 drive.
This one-day course can be taken as a standalone course, or it can be taken in conjunction with other courses in the PowerFlex curriculum to further broaden skills development
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for individuals who need to configure and commission PowerFlex 525 drives.
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
- Working knowledge of electricity, and knowledge of electrical and industrial safety (including PPE requirements and safe practices).
- Completion of the AC/DC Motors and Drives Fundamentals course (Course Number CCA101) or Fundamentals of AC and DC Motors and Drives web-based training or equivalent experience
All technology is provided for student use in the classroom by Rockwell Automation. It is not necessary for students to bring any technology with them when attending this course.
To enhance and facilitate the students’ learning experiences, the following materials are provided as part of the course package:
- Student Manual: Includes the key concepts, definitions, examples, and activities presented in this course.
- Lab Book: Provides learning activities and hands-on practice. Solutions are included after each exercise for immediate feedback.
Throughout this course, you will have the opportunity to practice the skills you have learned through a variety of hands-on exercises using a PowerFlex 525 workstation (Catalog Number ABT-TDPF525). Exercises focus on the skills introduced in each lesson
Next Learning Level
Once you have an understanding of the topics and the skills covered in this course, you may want to attend specific PowerFlex drive training such as:
- PowerFlex 750-Series Drive Maintenance and Troubleshooting (Course Number CCA183).
This is a one day course.
Rockwell Automation is authorized by IACET to offer 0.7 CEUs for this program.
- Identifying PowerFlex 525 Drive Hardware
- Communicating with a PowerFlex 525 Drive and Modifying Parameters
- Preparing a PowerFlex 525 Drive for Startup Commissioning and Tuning a PowerFlex 525 Drive
- Monitoring and Modifying PowerFlex 525 AppView and CustomView Parameters
- Troubleshooting PowerFlex 525 Drive Faults