CCA183 | Drives PowerFlex 750
September 17 @ 8:30 am - September 18 @ 5:00 pm EDT$1700
This skill-building course introduces concepts and techniques that will assist you in successfully maintaining and troubleshooting a PowerFlex® 750-Series (PowerFlex 753 or PowerFlex 755) drive. You will learn how to recognize PowerFlex 750-Series drive hardware and properly wire the drive. You will also learn to diagnose specific faults.
Throughout the course, you will have the chance to use a variety of maintenance and troubleshooting tools, including:
- The A6 LCD HIM
- Connected Components Workbench™ software
- DriveExecutive™ software
After each demonstration, you will be given exercises that offer extensive hands-on practice using a PowerFlex 753 or PowerFlex 755 drive.
This two-day course can be taken as a stand-alone course, or it can be taken in conjunction with other courses in the PowerFlex curriculum for further skills development.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for individuals responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting PowerFlex 750-Series drives.
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
- Working knowledge of electricity, and knowledge of electrical and industrial safety (including PPE requirements and safe practices).
- Completion of the AC/DC Motors and Drives Fundamentals course (Course No. CCA101) or Fundamentals of AC and DC Motors and Drives Web-based training (ePass/WBT1PACK) or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with PowerFlex 700 Vector Control and/or PowerFlex 700S drives is recommended but not required.
All technology is provided for student use in the classroom by Rockwell Automation. It is not necessary for students to bring any technology with them when attending this course.
To enhance and facilitate the students’ learning experiences, the following materials are provided as part of the course package:
- Student Manual: Includes the key concepts, definitions, examples, and activities presented in this course.
- Lab Book: Provides learning activities and hands-on practice.
- PowerFlex 750-Series AC Drives Programming Manual: Source of drive parameters and other key data. Contains frequently referenced programming documentation.
- PowerFlex 750-Series AC Drives Installation Instructions: Provides steps for installing and wiring drives. Contains frequently referenced installation data.
Throughout this course, you will have the opportunity to practice the skills you have learned through a variety of hands-on exercises using either an ABT-TDPF753CLS or ABT-TDPF755CLS workstation. Exercises focus on the skills introduced in each lesson and allow students to replace PowerFlex 750-Series drive components and troubleshoot faults and alarms. The PowerFlex 750-Series drive workstation introduces real-world maintaining and troubleshooting situations into a classroom setting.
This is a two-day course.
Rockwell Automation is authorized by IACET to offer 1.4 CEUs for this program.
- Locating PowerFlex 750-Series Drive Hardware
- Locating and Modifying PowerFlex 750-Series Drive Data Using the A6 HIM
- Locating and Modifying PowerFlex 750-Series Drive Data Using Drive Software
- Clearing PowerFlex 750-Series Drive Alarms and Faults
- Performing Predictive Maintenance Using PowerFlex 750-Series Parameters
- Troubleshooting PowerFlex 750-Series Load and Environmental Faults
- Troubleshooting PowerFlex 750-Series Equipment Malfunctions
- Integrated Practice: Maintaining and Troubleshooting a PowerFlex 750-Series Drive