CCA182 | Drives PowerFlex 750
September 15 @ 8:30 am - September 16 @ 5:00 pm EDT$1700
Upon completion of this course, given a wired PowerFlex 750-Series drive (PowerFlex 753 or PowerFlex 755) and AC motor, you will be able to start up the drive and configure drive parameters to meet application needs.Throughout the course, you will have the chance to use a variety of hardware and software tools, including:
- The A6 LCD HIM
- Connected Components Workbench™ software
- DriveExecutive™ software
After each demonstration, you will be given exercises that offer extensive hands-on practice using a PowerFlex 753 or PowerFlex 755 drive.
This two-day course can be taken as a stand-alone course, or it can be taken in conjunction with other courses in the PowerFlex 7-Class curriculum to further broaden skills development.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for individuals who need to configure and start up PowerFlex 750-Series drives.
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
- Working knowledge of electricity, and knowledge of electrical and industrial safety (including PPE requirements and safe practices).
- Ability to perform basic Microsoft® Windows® tasks
- Completion of the AC/DC Motors and Drives Fundamentals course (Course No. CCA101) or Fundamentals of AC and DC Motors and Drives Web-based training (ePass/WBT1PACK) or equivalent experience
All technology is provided for student use in the classroom by Rockwell Automation. It is not necessary for students to bring any technology with them when attending this course.
To enhance and facilitate the students’ learning experiences, the following materials are provided as part of the course package:
- Student Manual: Includes the key concepts, definitions, examples, and activities presented in this course.
- PowerFlex 750-Series AC Drives Documentation Reference Guide: Searchable, electronic resource containing frequently referenced technical documentation.
- PowerFlex 750-Series AC Drives Programming Manual: Source of drive parameters and other key data. Contains frequently referenced programming documentation.
- PowerFlex 750-Series AC Drives Installation Instructions
Hands-On PracticeThroughout this course, you will have the opportunity to practice the skills you have learned through a variety of hands-on exercises that focus on the skills introduced in each lesson.
- Exercises are performed on a PowerFlex 750-Series workstation.
- Exercises are performed in class using both wired drives and unmounted, non-functioning drives.
This is a two-day course.
Rockwell Automation is authorized by IACET to offer 1.4 CEUs for this program.
- Verifying PowerFlex 750-Series Drive Installation
- Locating and Modifying PowerFlex 750-Series Drive Data Using the A6 HIM
- Configuring EtherNet/IP Communications Adapter for a PowerFlex 750-Series Drive
- Locating and Modifying PowerFlex 750-Series Drive Data Using Drive Software
- Starting Up a PowerFlex 750-Series Drive
- Interpreting PowerFlex 750-Series Control Block Diagrams
- Controlling PowerFlex 750-Series Drive Operation
- Creating a DeviceLogix Program