Who we are and why we are successful
The Electrical Equipment Company (EECO) is not your average industrial full-line electrical distributor. We are a passionate, customer-centered service organization crazy about building a better tomorrow by serving the manufacturing plants, machine builders, and construction teams that make our communities strong.
We are committed to placing people and their ideas before products, solving problems, and helping our community realize its full potential. To achieve this, we are looking for talented people who want to make a positive difference.
Who we are looking for
EECO is seeking an amazing Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate who is responsible for the safe, efficient, and effective operation of the delivery and warehouse areas of the business in support of Sales, internal team members, and our customers.
The objective of this role
You will be in charge of the safe and efficient operation of our delivery vehicle while ensuring accurate and timely deliveries to our customers, Warehousing, and Inventory Control. You will provide fast service, demonstrate strong customer service skills, and assist in the warehousing and receipt of materials along with any and all required transactional requirements.
- Delivering products to customers on time while providing an elevated level of customer service
- Communication and escalation of any delivery delays to customers and warehouse management
- Processing of materials; loading onto and off of large motor vehicle
- Ability to operate forklift with proper training and certification and other material handling equipment
- Maintaining a clean, safe work area and environment
- Minimum age of 21 years old with a clean driving record
- Ability to pass a DOT physical
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2-3 years of customer service experience
- Previous experience in the Electrical Industry and/or inventory management is a plus
- Ability to lift, move, stack and stock products up to 50lbs; occasionally performs same activities weighing up to 70lbs
- Ability to drive a 10-ton stake truck
- Experience operating an RF scan gun is a plus
Important legal notice
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.