Credit Manager- Raleigh, NC
Who we are and why we are successful
Electrical Equipment Company (EECO) is not your average industrial full-line electrical distributor. We are a passionate, customer-centered service organization crazy about building a better tomorrow by serving the manufacturing plants, machine builders, and construction teams that make our communities strong.
We are committed to placing people and their ideas before products, solving problems, and helping our community realize its full potential. To achieve this, we are looking for talented people who want to make a positive difference.
We are looking for a Credit Manager to work independently and alongside our Corporate Credit Manager and oversee our company’s credit and collections processes. The Credit Manager additionally supports the Corporate Credit Manager in enforcing sound credit and collection policies. Ultimately, the Credit Manager will assist in minimizing any bad debts and increasing revenue.
- Proactively manage the collection of any outstanding invoices for assigned accounts.
- Ensure customer payments are made in accordance with agreed upon payment terms.
- Effective communication with both internal and external customers.
- Identify problem invoices for the dispute report.
- Close monitoring of any problem accounts to prevent bad debt.
- Review new customer credit applications for creditworthiness.
- Insure proper account set ups involving Billtrust, EDI, ACH etc.
- Research and evaluate existing accounts for credit increases.
- Review contractor accounts for required project information.
- Participate in branch and customer visits as needed.
- Interact with and attend designated NACM electrical group credit meetings.
- Adherence to any departmental policies and procedures regarding credit and collections.
- Proven work experience (at least 5+ years) as a Credit Manager, collections specialist or similar role.
- Strong understanding of collections and credit policies.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to create and process spreadsheets using Excel.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of liens is a plus.
- Knowledge using SX or Prophet 21 a plus.
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.