Who we are
The Electrical Equipment Company (EECO) is not your average industrial full-line electrical distributor. We are a passionate, customer-centered service organization crazy about building a better tomorrow by serving the manufacturing plants, machine builders, and construction teams that make our communities strong.
We are committed to placing people and their ideas before products, solving problems, and helping our community realize its full potential. To achieve this, we are looking for talented people who want to make a positive difference.
The objective of this role
The position of Automation Group Manager is intended to provide field level managerial support to the EECO Product Managers associated with Rockwell Automation. This position is responsible for comprehensive field management of the Automation Group: planning and execution of sales and marketing activities, performance to goal, personnel development, and compliance with vendor requirements. This position reports to the Vice-President of Sales (VA Group). Key responsibilities include:
- Manage Rockwell Automation annual sales and marketing planning activities. Maintain Disciplined Sales process with Product Managers and RSM’s to support the successful implementation of the annual plan.
- Establish goals and monitor performance by Tech Segment and by EECO location for purposes of Rockwell quotas, EECO scorecards, and Product Manager incentives.
- Ensure compliance of all Rockwell Automation requirements relevant to Product Managers: certifications, training, personnel, demos, etc.
- Coordinate and ensure quality of Product Manager Engagement Sessions in all EECO Rockwell Automation locations.
- Coordinate resources for Rockwell Automation or related events and marketing activities.
- Perform PMP Daily and monthly Business Reviews with RA Product Managers: coach team members to focus on the most important sales and support activities that are required to meet stated sales goals.
- Contribute feedback for annual reviews of RA Product Manager Team members
- Key member of monthly RA-RSM meetings
- Engage internal resources for appropriate Product Manager support needs.
- Work with GMS Team Leader to ensure timely and accurate administration of GMS transactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is preferred, however, will consider equivalent work experience in either the Electrical or Industrial/Manufacturing
- Five (5) plus years of experience in leading others
- Strong critical thinking/problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity with B2B sales to industrial markets
- Technical competency in a broad range of industrial electrical components and systems preferred
- Ability to work in an industrial environment (outdoors and non-climate controlled facilities)
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to Multi-task
Important legal notice
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.