Account Support Representative (ASR)
Reporting To: Regional Customer Service Manager
Who we are and why we are successful
The Electrical Equipment Company (EECO) is not your average industrial full-line electrical distributor. We are a passionate, customer-centered service organization crazy about building a better tomorrow by serving the manufacturing plants, machine builders, and construction teams that make our communities strong.
We are committed to placing people and their ideas before products, solving problems, and helping our community realize its full potential. To achieve this, we are looking for talented people who want to make a positive difference.
Who we are looking for
EECO is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented person who enjoys delivering professional customer service and values achieving goals and objectives. Being focused on high quality results and willing to learn “the big picture” of our business and being team-oriented are super important. The most successful ASR has a natural desire to learn and “go the extra mile”.
The objective of this role
The Account Support Representative (ASR) works closely to support the Key Account Specialist to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers. The ASR will work in collaboration with internal and external personnel to accomplish their goals. This will include but not be limited to Key Account Managers, Key Account Specialists, other ASR’s, Product Specialists, Technical Specialists, Product Service Reps, any internal supporting departments, and vendor partners. Results generated by the ASR will have a direct and immediate impact on sales, profit, and other corporate strategic growth initiatives.
From the time an order is placed, the Account Support Rep will own all aspects of delivering an exceptional customer experience. This will include having direct customer account responsibility via telephone and email communications, and the entire backend of the order process through oversight of delivery and resolution of items affecting payables.
- Quality assurance is a critical responsibility. This includes working with the EECO team in all facets of deliverables from high level customer interactions, precise evaluation, accurate and timely delivery of ordered equipment, and resolution of questions.
- Manage promise dates, track shipments from vendors, expedite open customer orders, determine, or confirm shipping logistics.
- Enter Purchase Orders to our vendors via email, or online order entry.
- Primary contact for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable regarding open issues.
- Respond to customer inquiries and order status inquiries utilizing our internal business system.
- Provide customer with copies of documentation related to the transaction when requested.
- Work with warehouse to ensure freight claims are processed, track shipments from vendors, expedite open customer orders, determine or confirm shipping logistics.
- Daily review of invoicing reports to identify margin loss, actively work the invoice exception report and manage customer specific open order reports.
- Assist Managers and Key Account Specialist with other administrative tasks.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Authentic customer service commitment – collaborative personality; tenacity to successfully see a challenge through to the end
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on an as needed basis
- Industrial sales experience (helping customers find best option/part/solution) is real plus
- General familiarity with electrical equipment a real plus
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Strong attention to detail and analytical abilities
- Subject to background check to include driving record
- Ability to learn; to become proficient in EECO’s business systems and have a willingness to train for additional responsibilities, which will facilitate future professional growth.
Important legal notice
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.