Warehouse Supervisor – Richmond, VA
Electrical Equipment Company has a new opportunity for a Warehouse Supervisor in our Richmond, VA location.
The Warehouse Supervisor will report to the Distribution Center Manager and will assist with the day to day running of the operation. This will include the supervision, training and oversight of staff, monitoring daily Distribution Center activities, customer service (internal to our sales team) and assisting with troubleshooting technology outages.
This is a hands-on role which in addition to supervision also involves proactively helping the teams with picking and receiving activities.
The anticipated hours for this position are Monday to Friday 7am to 4pm, with flexibility to provide occasional out of hours emergency coverage.
- Daily operations of the Richmond Distribution Center when the DC Manager is not on site
- Troubleshooting and resolving logistical issues with product delivery and customer grievances
- Leading the warehouse and delivery team in operational excellence
- Ensuring accuracy of orders from the receipt material through the shipment of product to end user
- Timely communications with the Sales Team as needed
- Actively participates and supports others in cycle count, product placement and inventory management
- Assisting with picking, packing, receiving and shipping activities
1. 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory role within a distribution center
2. Travel requirement of around 10% to assist with new projects and training of staff at other locations within the company. Most of the travel will involve no over-night stays
3. Experience with RF Scanners and other modern warehouse technology
4. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
5. Knowledge of general business computer software and aptitude to learn new software applications.
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
7. Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required
8. Familiarity with the implementation of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
9. Ability to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day; repeated twisting at the torso while lifting and pulling inventory from shelves; regular lifting of up to 50 pounds
10. Strong communications skills (both written and oral)
11. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
12. Strong interpersonal skills
13. Ability to multi-task
14. Strong attention to detail and analytical abilities
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.