Junior Purchasing Associate
Electrical Equipment Company (EECO) is an expert in industrial automation and motor solutions, with the benefit of full line electrical distribution. Major manufacturers, OEMs, and contractors trust us to provide solutions that lower cost of ownership, increase reliability, and improve performance. As the Junior Purchasing Associate, you will provide support for our Purchasing and Inventory Management team and grow and develop relationships with our vendors. If you are an organized, detail oriented individual striving to learn and understand Purchasing, Inventory Management, and how it drives overall organizational profit, you can enhance your current skills into a rewarding career with EECO!
The Junior Purchasing Associate will work and train directly with EECO’s Purchasing and Inventory team to assist with setting ordering parameters for items and purchasing stock and non-stock items, adjusting purchase orders as necessary, administering credit card purchases, and developing business relationships with vendors, including the negotiation of purchasing agreements. The Junior Purchasing Associate will also learn EECO’s Returns process, to include schedule adherence to a time sensitive calendar coupled with our vendor’s returns policies to properly manage returned goods and surplus items. This position will evolve into a partnership with our Inventory Managers to maintain appropriate inventory levels for our warehouses by analyzing stock requirements based on historical sales orders, projected volume of sales, inventory lead times, and future customer commitments.
• Willingness to learn all aspects of EECO’s Purchasing and Inventory Management processes, and procedures, and meet the challenges of the direction of management
• Collects, researches, and analyzes reports for accuracy. Ability to spot inventory and pricing discrepancies and make independent decisions for resolution
• Complete assigned administrative tasks correctly and on time
• Ability to adapt to our changing customer needs quickly and prioritize workload accordingly
• Apply management feedback to improve personal performance, and contribute to the organizations goals and values
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software
• Strong communications skills (both written and oral)
• Ability to work independently and autonomously
• Strong attention to detail and analytical abilities
• Learn and master EECO’s business systems
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want to apply? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org