- This event has passed.
Industrial Electrical Controls Fundamentals (MFG213)
January 8 @ 8:30 am - January 11 @ 4:30 pm EST$2290
– CANCELED –
This course is designed to provide knowledge and skills required to install, maintain and troubleshoot machine controls.
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the safety considerations that must be observed when installing, checking or locking out electrical equipment
- Define the uses and functions of input and output devices, relays, and motors
- Demonstrate the reading of schematic diagrams and logic
- Define an open and short condition and perform voltage and current measurements
- Demonstrate the proper use of the following test equipment in the lab to measure voltage, current, resistance, and continuity: VOM, DVM, Multi-meters, continuity tester and amp probe
- Approximate secondary voltage, secondary current and primary current of a transformer when given its turns ratio, primary voltage, and secondary load
- Identify the proper wiring configurations of a control transformer’s primary current for 240V and 480V operation
- Approximate a transformer’s maximum primary current for 480V operation, using the nameplate information
For more information or to register contact Cindy Chaplin at Cindy.Chaplin@eeco-net.com.