Business Development Manager – Smart Manufacturing
Electrical Equipment Company, a premier distributor for Rockwell Automation, is expanding our business solutions capabilities in Smart Manufacturing. The innovative solutions will include: Network Assessment, Design and Integration, IIoT, Data Visualization, and Automation Software and Hardware. Many of the solutions will be turn key, then bundled and packaged to deliver a desired outcome. The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for driving the new consulting business, services, and associated automation hardware and software portfolios to our OEM and Manufacturing customers.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for delivering and accelerating sales growth in the area of Smart Manufacturing. Working directly with customers, the BDM will help to identify and prioritize obstacles and challenges the customer faces related but not limited to unscheduled down time, manufacturing quality, consistency, throughput, efficiency, waste reduction, and overall plant profitability. Based on customer priorities and needs, the BDM will deliver proposals and ultimately sell value based solutions.
The solutions will include but not be limited to: Network Assessment, Design and Integration, IIoT, Data Visualization, Automation Software and Hardware. Often the solutions will be turn key to include some if not all bundled and packaged to deliver a desired customer outcome. The BDM is a market-leader with an understanding of customer business drivers and desired business outcomes. A strong background in consultative sales leadership, new business development, partnering, collaboration, and influence is desired.
New Business Development
- Complete focus on new business development
- Develop and execute an annual sales plan to meet or exceed growth targets
- Leverage business acumen, market intelligence and new and existing relationships to develop new business outcomes for clients and build journey-maps to achieve them
- Develop a sphere of relationships with targeted accounts, including all appropriate decision makers/stakeholders.
- Collaborate with industrial account and product managers to develop customer strategies and buying journey-maps
- Understand market focused plan and capabilities of Authorized Service Provider (ASP), Rockwell Automation, key System Integrator and OEM Partners and additional vendors to best deliver value to customers
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A four year degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated success in new business development, executive selling and partnership management.
- Proven Leadership skills to motivate and influence direct and indirect reports to embrace new concepts and solutions.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, organizational and written/verbal communication skills with a versatility to span engagement from executives to individual contributors.
- Self-motivated and self-managed towards objectives.
- Previous experience working as part of a large, multi-disciplinary team.
- Proven ability to manage multiple partner relationships while achieving target outcomes.
- 8+ years of sales experience in the Industrial Automation, IT or Software fields.
- Exposure to Industrial IT, Analytics and IIoT Platforms, Industrial Control Systems including PLC, HMI/SCADA, plant historian, motor control, motion control, technology and applications (Rockwell Automation or comparable platforms).
- MBA or equivalent Industrial Plant experience
- Reside in Richmond, VA.
Flexibility for travel 50% – 75% is required and within the state of Virginia (less than 20% overnight).
Want to apply? Send your resume to email@example.com.