Automation Engineer – Services Sales Specialist
As The Electrical Equipment Company continues to modernize the Industrial Automation market as the largest Rockwell distributor in Virginia, we are searching for a motivated individual to join our team that will apply cutting edge technology to create solutions that solve our customer’s real business needs. This is a consultative technical sales role that allows you to match world class innovative solutions to solve complex manufacturing needs that will grow our Rockwell Automation Services Business Segment. If you enjoy Smart Manufacturing, Industrial Automation, PLC’s, or Control Systems and want to be a part of and trained by a talented team dedicated to providing superior solutions for their customers, EECO may be your next career!
This position is responsible for the promotion and sales of engineered solutions in our Technology Segment to include: Turnkey automation engineering projects, maintaining reoccurring contractual services (including customer servicing support programs) and singular commercial transactional services (including industrial repairs, training, and emergency field service). This position will develop, implement and execute annual business plans to increase market share with active product portfolios in addition to new product launches. This position will need to continuously analyze and understand customer requirements in order to remain competitive. Additionally, this role develops and implements marketing, promotion and training programs with our premier selling partners Rockwell Automation, Allen-Bradley, to support new product launches and identify engineered solutions for customer applications and migration solutions for legacy products.
- Achieving key results in both sales and margin for assigned product(s) and point of contact to Rockwell Automation for product line
- Participates in cross functional organizational meetings, as required, to educate others and maintain product awareness/knowledge
- Provides technical support to Outside Sales team
- Identifies top competitors and obtains competitive sales briefs to stay relevant
- Works collaboratively with sales management to identify competitors and develop annual plans
- Conducts sales presentations to customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Associate’s Degree or Technical Degree required
- Industrial Automation experience is a plus
- Comfortable conducting customer presentations
- Problem solving/analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Industrial Automation product(s), application and associated standards
- Communication proficiency (oral and written)
- Ethical conduct
- Time Management
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work cross functionally across regions and functional areas within the Company
EECO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want to apply? Send your resume to email@example.com.